Thread: My 1ST Ejection
View Single Post
Old Fri May 11, 2007, 04:21pm
BigGuy

To mcrowder:
Quote:
No. Don't "establish your position at the pre-game". Why begin with negativity at all. See thread on Plate Conferences sometime recently in the softball forum.

First of all, know what you are criticizing before you criticize it. When I establish my position at the pregame, I am expected by the league to reiterate two items. One is sportsmanship. The other is profanity - we have zero tolerance in this league. So the statement is this - "there is zero tolerance on profanity - if I hear it, they're gone, and I don't want any complaints about warnings - there are none". So far, every single coach has never questioned it, and they agree 100%. As a result in this league so far this year there have been ZERO ejections. I am not beginning with negativity at all. What I am doing is this - giving them a heads up - the coaches know if one of their players gets tossed for swearing - they will not be coming to me to say "where's the warning" or "isn't there a warning". They will know the kid tossed himself.

To ozzy - do yourself a favor - go back on your medication, stop listening to the voices in your head, and re-read your FED rule and case book on pregame conferences, because that's what FED still calls them. See references below. You can call it whatever you want, you just can't call me wrong.

Ref: 2-10-2
ART. 2... A pregame conference is a meeting involving the umpires, both head coaches and team captains (if available) near home plate. The meeting should begin approximately five minutes prior to the game. The purpose of the pregame conference is to exchange and check each team's lineup cards and to discuss ground rules. Umpires also shall ask the head coaches of the two opposing teams if their players are legally and properly equipped. In addition, the expectation of good sporting behavior is shared with both teams and representatives (4-1-3a). Both teams shall remain in their dugout (bench) or bullpen area until this meeting has concluded.

Case book references:
1.1.2a
1.5.8g
10.1.7c