Thread: Just A Story
View Single Post
Old Sun Mar 17, 2002, 08:31pm
Official Forum Member

Don........

Make sure you know the local rules that the association you are calling for have in place........

10U has many variations in the 6 different assocations we call for........

Also.......since you attended the National School this year I assume they discussed the extra-wide stance for plate work........

Steve has been promoting it on the boards for the last few years and I must say that it has helped my plate work considerably........(this is my 2nd year to use it)

I seem to have more confidence on calling the outside corner and seeing the plate better.....

I will admit that like last year...........my hips and hamstrings are a bit sorer than usual for the start of the season...........but it is well worth it........and I know that once the initial soreness goes away.....it will be smooth sailing for the rest of the year......

Your mechanics are pretty much the same as slow pitch (except remember that you WILL have to go to C every now and than........grin)

Story on me.......in the 4th inning runner singles for the first hit of the game..........2nd runner grounds out to the infield advancing R1 to third........

I call the out at first and head right back over to "A" position..........where I had been the whole game so far....

After the 1st pitch to the next batter.........I realize I got a runner on third........crap.......

I hustle on over to "C"............felt really dumb........

And very glad there was no pick off attempt or other play......grin

Joel

[Edited by Gulf Coast Blue on Mar 17th, 2002 at 07:34 PM]