View Single Post
Old Sun Mar 17, 2002, 12:54am
Official Forum Member

Don........I would not hesitate to take a game with this team.......IF you were assigned it..........let your UIC/assignor either put you there or not.........

Don't request it or go looking for trouble........but I would never shy away from a game with a team I have a "past history" with......

I would also request that your UIC pass on your "Post Game" activity of this pitcher to the League (him yelling at you on your drive home)........

I will be honest and tell you that known "Butt Head" coaches probably have a shorter leash with me..........

I had my first games this week too............

Just got back from calling the 18U semis and 14U finals and championships...........

My knees and hips hurt.........(but a good kind of hurt).......and my voice is kinda wrecked........(5 games this afternoon and evening).......

I missed on 3 pitches at the plate, and had a position boo-boo's in 3-man..........

Overall........a good Saturday...........

My first game today was with a rookie partner..............He is a young man (19-20)........and he is going to be GOOD...........had good position and presence...........I was impressed..........

The only advice I had for him was when I was PU (18U)and had a pitch behind the batter.........she kinda jump-stepped forward......and I called a ball.......

The batter claimed she got HBP........I did not see it and after checking with him, he confimed that the pitch grazed her on the backside............

He said he did not say anything because he thought it was my call.........

I told him that in certain instances..........(as in a HBP or a ball batted straight down and hits the batter before she has exited the batters-box)......he had equal authority to kill the play............

He understood it immediately..........

He is going to be a Keeper.........

Joel