View Single Post
Old Wed May 09, 2007, 01:56pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tcannizzo
OK, looking for consensus here:

When PU unilaterally overturned U1's call, U1 should have calmly walked over to PU and with the same calm demeanor as in speaking to an erroneous coach and said, "You do not have the right to make this call, please revert back to the correct call."

Should PU refuse, then U1 should give PU one more chance before calling in the UIC to hold court on the field.

Does this sound right?
I make no claim to knowing how to handle this situation right. I've never been in this situation, so whatever I say is essentially speculation on how I would like to think I would act.

First, I would argue strongly for what I saw and why it was correct. Second, if the PU tried to overrule, I would argue strongly that he had no such authority. If he did it anyway, I'm not sure there is much to be gained by calling in the UIC to settle the issue. The PU has already shot our credibility as a team in the head, so making the small skirmish into a major cluster-f is not likely to be helpful.

I'm not sure I could manage the smile Mike talks about; more like the evil eye

while I go back to position, hoping the PU gets himself into a situation later in the game were he REALLY needs my help.

I doubt I would actually push him over the cliff later if given the chance, but I'd be thinking about it!