View Single Post
Old Mon May 07, 2007, 01:10pm
Keeper of the HAMMER

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockyroad
Reminds me of the time my middle son (he is now 15 and a freshman) was playing in a Parks and Rec co-ed league for 8 year olds...one official...it was just a chance for the kids to learn a little basketball. The other team shows up with two coaches, both wearing suits, alligator-skin shoes (one of their wives informed us of that), carrying the dry-erase boards with the court diagram, etc...I turned to my wife and said "Uh-oh. This is gonna be bad." Took all of 3 minutes before they got their first warning...got their first T in the first quarter on the HC...AC got two and was gone in the second quarter...at half-time the ref went to the next door gym where older kids were playing and had two refs and brought one of them over...HC lasted about 2 minutes into the second half - he ended up getting tossed after he threw his chair against the wall. One of the moms came down and finished coaching and told the kids loudly "OK, now that those two are gone, we can all have some fun!" The kids cheered and so did all of us in the stands...All in an 8 year old league...
Just for reference, the HC should have been sent packing after his third tech. Once the AC got his 2nd, that's two indirects on the HC; combined with his first quarter direct, that's a disqualified coach.