View Single Post
Old Sat May 05, 2007, 10:04pm
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by needananswear
ok so here is the situation in one of my games. We are down by 1 with 1.3 seconds opponents ball. A teammate of mine intercepts the pass goes to shoot and is fouled. My coach did not see which ref called it so he started yelling at the ref. The ref teched him up but his complaint was its a dead clock so you cannot call a technical.

Thank you all who help!

NeedAnAsnwer:

Yes, the game official was correct in charging your coach with a technical foul for unsportsmanlike conduct. B1 (your teammate) was fouled in the act of shooting by A1. You did not say whether B1's field goal attempt was successful, so I am going to assume that it was not. The penalty for A1's foul against B1 is two free throws being awarded to B1. If the game clock had expired before B1 was able to release his field goal attempt (which is what I assume to have happened), the free throws will be shot by B1 with no players along the free throw lane. Since the fourth quarter doesn't end until B1 has finished shooting his free throws. The technical foul committed by your coach was part of the fourth quarter.

MTD, Sr.
Ohio Assn. of Basketball Officials
International Assn. of Approved Bkb. Officials
Ohio High School Athletic Association
Toledo, Ohio