View Single Post
Old Sat May 05, 2007, 05:23pm
Official Forum Member

Partial Umpire?

I would say the UMPIRE did something wrong. Wish I could ask the coach why he put his face so close to the cage to begin with. I'm sure he wasn't trying to smell ump's breath. I'm sure it wasn't all about balls and strikes, either. Would be nice to know. In fact I am sure a reasonable man would suspect that the umpire knew he did something wrong. Why can't you boys admit that the umpire may have done it?

Went to another HS regional playoff game today. Score VT 0 1 1 HT 2 8 0 Southpaw lost a no hitter in top of 7th on a flailing duck just over 2nd base. First run scored on a {suicide} squeeze. Second run on walk mixed into 3 consecutive hits. Solid defense on both teams.

Could hear VC arguing balls and strikes after the 5th inning in a very windy atmosphere. Chirping from the dugout had been going on for about 2 innings prior to this incident. Umpire walked over and had a discussion with the coach between innings. No one knew what was said. Umpire then continued his business as usual. No punches or ejections needed.