View Single Post
Old Fri May 04, 2007, 02:58am

Quote:
Originally Posted by DG
I sent the video link to a friend of mine at work, a big baseball fan. He has a tripped plan in late May to 4 major league stadiums in 4 days with some of his baseball buddies.

I told him about what happened and the coach was suspended, but resigned instead.

He came to me later and said "wow, he really did deserve to be suspended, but what did they do about the umpire?" I said "what do you mean?" and he said "he head butted the coach".
Wow, your buddy is a big baseball fan? Unbelievable the treasure trove of baseball knowledge big baseball fans have, especially if they visit major league stadiums around the country!

Why should anything happen to the umpire? Like Rich F. and others have pointed out, this dumb a$$ of a coach got up in the umpire's grill. When someone is up in your face, when they are supposed to be gathering their sh*t and leaving the park, they are liable to get hurt. The polite speaking distance is 3 feet, not 3 inches. Lots of bad stuff can happen when you get in the umpire's bidness.

The only thing I saw the umpire do wrong in the argument was not remove his mask. Perhaps that is why the coach biatch-slapped him. It's the only excuse I could buy in this case.
Matthew 15:14, 1 Corinthians 1:23-25