Thread: NBA Playoffs
View Single Post
Old Thu May 03, 2007, 10:40am
Esteemed Participant

NBA Playoffs

Since the board is slow, my students are doing their State testing, and I am incredibly bored, I thought I would start a thread on the playoffs and see if anyone has actually been watching...keeping in mind that I very rarely watch NBA, here are my observations so far:

1) The West games are much more fun to watch than the East games - altho the Bulls are pretty entertaiining. I'm thinkig that Suns-Bulls would be a GREAT championship match-up (not sure that will happen, but it would be fun.

2) NBA players take some really stupid shots...Iverson had a three-on-one break going and pulled up and bricked a shot from about 5 feet behind the arc. Kobe took some of the same kinds of shots last night also...the Suns took some horrific shots also.

3) Bill Walton is an idiot...

4)Why is Barkley doing the studio commentary? You can't hardly understand him because he slurs his words so badly. He is pretty funny at times, but he always seems drunk or something...

5)NBA refs sure put up with a lot at times, and then whack people for other things...example: Kobe last night starts to go up, gets stripped of the ball, no-call, and screams (loud enough for the tv to pick it up) "Where's the f@cking foul?" and there is no T called...previous night, Stephen Jackson is walking down the floor clapping his hands about a foul called against Denver and gets not one, but two T's and an ejection. Weird...

6)How do those old guys (i.e. over 50) keep up with teams like the Suns and Warriors...good grief, I get tired sitting on my couch watching...

OK...enough random thoughts...anyone else want to play along?