View Single Post
Old Wed May 02, 2007, 01:00pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GarthB
If you hadn't "quoted" that other post, I wouldn't have had the pleasure of seeing the King Rat version.

Being grabbed and turned around from behind isn't threatening? Horsesh!t. I can tell you from my short time on the force, little feels more threatening than being grabbed from behind.

The movement of the head coincides with the body move forward and the act of yelling. Heads move when one shouts...watch the coaches.

The one sin this umpire committed was the failure to remove his helmet.
I guess I should have defined "physically threatening" a little better. By "physically threatening", I meant that the act had the potential to cause physical harm.

Touching somebody and attempting to turn them around is NOT going to injure them. Getting in somebody's face is NOT going to injure them.

Butting somebody in their unprotected face with a rigid metal mask certainly COULD cause injury.

That's what I'm saying.

So, by that definition, I maintain that the only "physically threatening" act was on the part of the umpire.

The biggest "sin" in this incident was hardly the umpire's failure to remove his mask. You say that the umpire's mask hitting the coach was incidental - I say it appeared intentional. You may be right - but I doubt you are.

David Emerling
Memphis, TN