View Single Post
Old Mon Apr 30, 2007, 07:32pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRutledge
I am going to have to disagree with you (I do not expect you to get mad about it like some people). I think this is a good signal. This is one of those signals that can give information. It tells everyone you are not counting for a specific reason. Many times you may not count, but they are still calling for a count. This signal will tell everyone exactly why. Usually this would take place on a one on one situation where the players are up top and the defender cannot decide if he wants to guard the player or stand back. I think it adds to information. When you stop a count you could be stopping it for many reasons. It is not a signal you have to use or use at all. I think just like the kicking signal, it gives information.

Peace
What?!? Are you disagreeing with me?!?

Never mind.

Actually, on one level, I agree with you - it does convey information. And, if it will now be an approved signal, I will probably start using it. My pet peeve is officials using unapproved signals when they didn't need to. If I was counting, it was a closely-guarded situation. If I wasn't counting, it wasn't. I didn't think it was necessary to not count, and give a signal as well. It was redundant. It was redundant. Get what I mean? Get what I mean?

(Used with permission.)