Thread: Warm-up Pitches
View Single Post
Old Mon Apr 30, 2007, 02:49pm
Official Forum Member

Tony ... what's really frustrating here is that you're making me agree with Blueump.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tcannizzo
These are your words not mine. I did not say that I had changed any rules. In fact, it was crystal clear that I stated that I was enforcing a specifc rule under specific conditions.
What rule are you enforcing? The rule that states she gets 60 seconds or 5 pitches? And you're enforcing this by giving her less than 60 seconds and less than 5 pitches. Exactly how do you think you are enforcing this rule?
Quote:
I did not say that I liked or disliked anything.
Surely you can understand why any reader of your post would infer that you did not like the pitcher wasting your time by using the gameface, since you are in effect taking away a pitch from them solely because they are using it...

Quote:
1. Pitcher has thrown 3 pitches that the catcher had to retrieve each off the back stop...one of which got back to the pitcher via center field. Dude, in my game, the next pitch is going down.
No problem - you are enforcing the "1 minute" part of the rule.

Quote:
2. Pitcher is standing in the circle but catcher is putting on gear in the dugout. Coaches are standing by the dugout door, chatting it up. Catcher comes out and I tell her how many pitches she gets. In some cases, I simply call "Batter Up".
Again ... you are enforcing the 1 minute part of the rule. This is entirely different from what you said in your first post.

Quote:
3. Catcher (or coach) is warming up P. She throws a pitch. Recieves the ball from C. Walks all the way out of the circle (remember the Mad Hungarian?) and then liesurely throws pitch #2. Now way she is making it to 5.
Ditto. See ... all three of these, you've mentally started your clock when she got out there, and since they are slow getting the pitches going, you are giving them 1 minute to warm up ... just like you are supposed to. The reason this is different from what you said in the OP is that in the OP you are only allowing her 45-50 seconds (or 3-4 pitches) because of her expected activities AFTER her warmup period is over. You don't have the right to do this. If her post-warmup activities are taking to long, you CERTAINLY have recourse ... but taking away pitches BEFORE these activities is not what you should be doing.

You did not respond to my other post - I look forward to your response there.