View Single Post
Old Mon Apr 30, 2007, 11:28am
Official Forum Member

Send a message via Yahoo to MNBlue
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dakota
1) The catcher cannot return to run once the CR has been entered, barring an injury to the CR or to another player with no other subs available.

2) The CR cannot have either a CR (by rule) or a sub (since the CR is not officially in the lineup).

3) The catcher can have a sub, but whether the starting catcher or her sub, neither can return to run for the CR (exceptions noted above).

I do not believe what the coach did was legal.
I see your points, and could probably be led to interpret the situation this way. But here are my questions:

Does a courtesy runner NOT qualify as a player? 3-3-2

The other issue I have, is that had the offensive coach substituted #8 for F2, all of this is irrelevant, since #8 is a player and the coach could substitute for #8, either by re-entry or another eligible sub. But, by declaring #8 a courtesy runner, #8 is locked to the basepath, even though by being able to substitute for a CR, the coach doesn't lose any options had he originally substituted in the first place.

NFHS, NCAA, NAFA
"If the rule you followed brought you to this, of what use was the rule?" Anton Chigurh - "No Country for Old Men"