View Single Post
Old Fri Apr 27, 2007, 01:59pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnyg08
If the winning run is on third base with less than two outs...my friend, you haven't watched much and probably played even less baseball...why wouldn't you do that unless you have Danny Almonte pitching in at the LL World Series when he strikes everybody out. That is a widely used strategy in many baseball games...so if you have other coaching strategies out there you tell me how you'd align your defense when your team is playing defense in the bottom of the 9th inning tied 2 - 2 and B1 leads off with a triple...

I'm sure your reasons might be good...obviously this isn't the be all and end all strategy, but a very common one.
Yeah, load up the bases, but I don't usually think of that as being done to create an IFF situation. I see it being done to create a force at home. Maybe that was what he was thinking. What I have never seen is an outfielder moved into the infield in conjunction with loading the bases. I've seen them pulled in to take away short singles but not all of the way into the infield.