View Single Post
Old Fri Apr 27, 2007, 07:38am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Al
I know this post is not about the offense asking for time but...
what are we to do when the lead runner is holding to her base and no other runner can advance behind her? After a few seconds aren't we suppose to call time when the offense has given up on any more advancements even though the ball has not been thrown and controlled in the circle? If a girl is on 1st and 2nd and the third-base coach tells the (lead runner) on 2nd to stay there I call time. Even if the coach is telling her to advance and she doesn't move for a few seconds I call time. The coaches all understand that time will be called not only when control of the ball comes in the circle but when the above reasons come as well. .Al
Why do you feel the need to call time in these unrequested situations? The ball is not dead - heck, the ball's not even to the pitcher yet. What's the purpose in stopping play - especially in the situation where the coach is telling a girl to advance!