View Single Post
Old Tue Apr 24, 2007, 12:19pm
Official Forum Member

Send a message via Yahoo to UmpJM
Question Critique Please - Topic 2: Out to the bases

Gentlemen,

I found the first one of these I posted to be quite helpful to me, so I thought I'd try another one. These pictures are from the same game (14U Travel, 90' diamond, working solo.)

There are two plays, with a sequence of five photos each. The first play was a basehit to RCF with an R1 and 2 outs. The R1 attempted to advance to 3B on the play, and the defense played on him at 3B. In the first shot, the tag has not yet been applied and the runner is about 6' shy of 3B. The second shot is after the tag was applied.

The second play is a grounder hit to the hole between 1B & 2B that was fielded by the F3, with the F1 (#23) coming over to cover the bag. I thought this play was going to be a routine out but it turned into a very close play as the F1 had some difficulty locating the bag with his foot after receiving the throw from the F3. The tag of the base occurred between photos 4 and 5 in the sequence.

Again, feel free to comment on any and all aspects. I've seen a few things I would like to be doing differently, and I'm guessing you will see others that I didn't even notice.

Thanks.

JM