View Single Post
Old Fri Apr 20, 2007, 12:04pm
Do not give a damn!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GarthB
Jeff:

I think you misread Bob's intent. He wasn't saying it's not a concern. I believe he was responding that not many are "wondering" about the issue, instead they "know" the issue.
I think if people knew the answer they would do more to alleviate the "problem." I personally do not see this as a "problem." I think it is the natural evolution of things. There was one time when baseball was the main sport in this country. Now baseball has fallen big time where hardly anyone watches a national broadcast anymore as they did when I was young. It also does not help when one of the most dynamic athletes was not a baseball player and many of the up and coming athletes that everyone knows are also not baseball players.

There was a story on ESPN last week about the Historically Black Colleges which focused on Florida schools like Bethune-Cookman (I have a cousin attending there this year) and Florida A&M (My mom got her undergraduate degree as did her sister and her widowed husband) where the baseball teams hardly had a many Black players on the teams. There was even some coverage of a mostly Black High School where the football and basketball teams were entirely Black but the baseball teams had only a couple of Black players. Now the subjects in those stories did not have any definitive answers, so I do not know how anyone has figured out this problem.

Peace