View Single Post
Old Wed Apr 18, 2007, 01:59pm
BigGuy

Quote:
Originally Posted by GarthB
Much of the detail of what we think we see with our peripheral vision is incorrect. Watch the ball, do your job. The number or times you "see" the batter with one foot on the ground completely out of the box will diminish greatly.
I don't need to see if his shoe laces are tied, just that I recognize that his foot is out of the batter's box. I am watching the ball and doing my job. If the writers of the rules thought that an umpire could not possibly "see" a batter stepping out of the box and watch the ball and the play, they wouldn't have put the d*** rule in the book. I've already stated I don't go looking for it unless something becomes obvious to me, so why are you being critical?

I'm not the one who wrote the OP. Why don't you jump all over him? All I have tried to do is offer some feedback about how one might catch the infraction, not critique the mechanics. That's what the OP wanted - some feedback. You seem more focused on whether or not I or OP watch the ball as opposed to giving him the feedback he asked for.