View Single Post
Old Fri Mar 08, 2002, 10:25am
Official Forum Member

Talking

This happen in my first plate game last night. Visitors bat the first six players. However,
#16 bats in the 3rd positions whereas #7 should have. This is not brought to my attention by the
defense. The only reason I knew it had occurred was offending team 1st base coach told me
when she passed on way to dugout after 3rd out. Told her she could not "call it" on self, so
fix it. {I did not examine my lineup at this time. Did not want to inadvertly alert other team.}
3rd inning #7 is due up as second batter in her scheduled position in the lineup and when she
appears in the batter's box on first pitch singles and just before the 1st pitch to the next
batter defensive coach calls time. "Blue, they are batting out of order!" I check my lineup and #7
was due up because she follows the previous batter on my lineup card.
To shorten it a little, in the 1st inning when the BOR occurred, def. coach, keeping book changed
the position of the two batters that had batted out of order so now naturally he is showing that #16 should be batting. Then proceeds to chew on me for allowing this to happen in the first place. His argument is that since that is the way they batted to begin with, that they had made the mistake on originial line-up turned in, so he had just changed it. Coaches - love'em.

glen
Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails.
Explore. Dream. Discover."
--Mark Twain.