View Single Post
Old Tue Apr 17, 2007, 08:18pm
Official Forum Member

Re: INT
I was with you in Knee Jerk reaction to the change.. youre standing fast with the knee jerk reaction making estimations I doubt will come to fruition on any appreciable level.

With ASA, I am not particularly a "company man". I hate the fact they have turned me into a walking ASA billboard.. but whatever. I work ASA because it is the ball in my area, if they exploded tomorrow, I would work whatever org took their place. If I think they are wrong, I will most definitely say so... HERE.. On the field, its their rules.

The reality is, I am just an ump.. what they write into the rules I will work hard to learn. I dont have the desire to do the things required to "move up" in ASA. That is a thankless job, but more importantly detracts from what I like to do - umpire. I dont particularly care about having real input or getting involved with ASA on that level.

In sum, the chicken little predictions are just that - over reaction. Wait and see. I'm sure like me we will both work many tourneys this summer.. I would lay odds that little changes from last year or the year before in execution of the game.

IF there are major problems, ASA can revisit it either next year or even on an emergency basis.

In any case, there will not be an American Dodgeball Assoc. this year on the softball field. Bad calls.. probably.. attempts by coaches to stretch it or want more.. probably, not Dodgeball though. That is hyperbole that has little merit IMO.