View Single Post
Old Tue Apr 10, 2007, 03:55pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockyroad
http://www.latimes.com/news/nationwo...adlines-nation

Imus is an idiot, and I am tremedously impressed with these young ladies at Rutgers because of the way they are carrying themselves through this situation!
Agreed on Imus, but I'm not as impressed with the Rutgers crew. Don't get me wrong, they have a right to be upset. However, I honestly believe that their response was completely predictable and it's all been said before.

Quote:
Our moment was taken away -- our moment to celebrate our success, our moment to realize how far we had come, both on and off the court, as young women. . .We were stripped of this moment by degrading comments made by Mr. Imus last Wednesday."
Not true. Nothing was taken away, and nobody takes anything away from you because of what Imus said. You were not stripped of anything other than what you allowed someone to take from you.

Quote:
"What hurts the most about this situation is that Mr. Imus knows not one of us personally."
I doubt that. I bet if he knew you personally and made those comments, it would have hurt you more. The fact that he doesn't know you personally should give you all the more reason to dismiss his inane, idiotic comments.

I realize these are just college girls, and they are reacting with the immaturity expected of someone at their station in life. I would have loved to see them come forward and say, "The comments of a small person who does not know the first thing about us are not enough to cause strong women like us to buckle at the knees. The more he speaks, the more he betrays his ignorance, and it doesn't affect us in the least!"