View Single Post
Old Tue Apr 10, 2007, 10:27am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisSportsFan
Hey folks, I spend alot of time over on the basketball side but need to ask for some help over here.

I'm working SP solo games with a runner on 2nd. Line drive to the outfield and the batter is digging for 2 so I move out almost to pitchers mound to make sure I have a look at the play at 2nd. The throw goes to the plate and actually is thrown a bit long so the catcher jumps and makes the catch and attempts the tag. I'm completly straightlined so I hesitate to see the runner and catchers reaction (hoping for someone to give it away) but get no help.

I noticed myself fighting for a good look all night, can you guys offer some suggestions that will help me cover both bags?
The only time you should be running out that far is with NO runners or only an Runner on first. Don't let any runners behind you (how could you see OBS, INT, or the touching of their bases if you did?)