Thread: AAU Issues
View Single Post
Old Mon Apr 09, 2007, 09:38am
Official Forum Member

Send a message via MSN to IREFU2 Send a message via Yahoo to IREFU2
Quote:
Originally Posted by SMEngmann
I think that you're right in many ways here. The point that I was trying to make is that officials who work these kinds of games should put up with far LESS crap, when a lot of guys put up with more. Tournament directors who are looking at the money will often allow coaches to protest and complain about the officiating and try to accomodate them. I've had coaches similar to the one that you've had. Unfortunately, I think a lot of guys will try to adjust or accomodate to the wishes of the tournament director to keep the games. My personal attitude is that if a coach, or anyone goes whining to a tournament director, and the guy doesn't back me up, I will just choose not to work for the guy anymore, it's just not worth it.

I think the other part of the coin is the guys who work 10-12 games in a day (which again speaks to the greed of the tournament director). Those guys do a disservice, in my opinion, to the games that they're working, and it's with these guys in mind that tournament directors will give teams leeway to protest.
I also agree and if you work that many games a day, you are typically brain dead after the 4th games, at least I am. I only work 3 a day and 4 is pushing it.