Thread: AAU Issues
View Single Post
Old Sun Apr 08, 2007, 12:14am
Official Forum Member

Send a message via AIM to AZ_REF
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisSportsFan
There's several things here:
1. How hard did your Supervisor push the issue?
2. The Tournament Director is running his tournaments like a business. Do you know why? Because it is. He doesn't want to start running off teams with their enty fee, gate money and consessions profits.
3. The officials are still the same and your line is the same line. If they cross it, then penalize. If they do it again, they are gone for that game. If they do it again next game, then so do you.
4. Let's just say some of those same trouble coaches do indeed show up, or maybe some new ones do. Be careful not to walk into your games with some preconceived notions on how their behavior will go. I know it's hard because we can forgive but not forget. Remember, you're representing good officials everywhere.
5. Sometimes it's rare in AAU ball but consider a quick pregame where sportsmanship A#1.
1. I don't think pushed it too hard, he just assigned the tournament last year and didn't see anything first hand. Just took our concerns to the director.

2. And he should run it like a business, that's what it is.

3. I agree, what earns you a T in game one, earns you a T in game two.

4. No problem with that, everybody gets a new chance at the start of every game. They all get treated teh same by me. See #3.

5. Not a bad idea, we'll have to try that one. Normally we just introduce ourselves to the coaches and say hello.