View Single Post
Old Thu Apr 05, 2007, 09:53pm
Official Forum Member

Send a message via Yahoo to illiniwek8
Batter swings..hits hands...ball in fair territory

Ok.....this situation....batter swings at pitch...ball hits his hands as he swings and the ball dribbles to the pitcher who picks up the ball and fires to first...the batter is running to first thinking that he needs to......my call is DEAD BALL....strike....(FED rules).....this brings me to my next question...assuming that I am right so far.....what if this is strike three on the batter...and there are 2 outs......the batter cannot advance..because I have called a dead ball.....right.....so....is this strike three? It is not a foul ball...didn't hit the bat....and the catcher did not catch the strike three. I am assuming this is strike 3 he is out..........please weigh in.......also.......

FED Rules:

I am on the bases (2-man) with runners on first and second...I am in "C". Catcher.....after recieving the pitch makes a snap throw to 1st base.....I am straightlined and the firstbaseman has blocked my view of the runner on first attempting to dive back into the bag......I (without making a call) point to the UIC for his judgement...he without hesitation calls the runner out....the coach tells me that it was my call and I cannot do that......tells me that I have to make a call safe or out.......

Please help me out here......were my mechanics wrong? What should I have done differently if so? Thanks for your help/advise.