View Single Post
Old Wed Apr 04, 2007, 06:39pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeteBooth

1. Do you follow the old adage - Cannot call what I don't see or

2. If you have "evidence" ie; You see the expression on B1's face like "that was a heck of a play on the part of F5" or something that gives you Explicit Evidence that it was indeed a catch.

Question number 2.

You know the coach (on whom the call went agaisnt) is going to request TIME and ask you

"Hey Blue how did you see that" or something along those lines.

Finally what's your post game like

In summary: What do you do when your partner "hangs you out to dry" and inevitably is the Coach going to get EJ'd

Pete Booth
1. I will first look at the players' expressions to see if I have a catch. If that is not definitive, then I don't have a catch, and signal "safe."

2. "Coach, I believe that the player caught the ball. Anything else I can help you with"

3. My partner and I will be having a stern conversation in the game about hanging me out to dry.

4. I don't think it is inevitable that the coach gets tossed (although it will happen quite a bit). I think that you have to let the coach argue more in a situation like this. I'd probably let him go on for longer than normal and be much more likely to restrict than I normally am.