View Single Post
Old Wed Apr 04, 2007, 01:51pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRutledge
Let us not be silly. We know there are people that like listening to him. For one his is controversial. He is similar to Howard Cosell with the fact that he says things that rub people the wrong way, but they listen. If Packer took away any ratings, then he probably would not be on. I am sure CBS has done the research and found that he works for their ratings. Also with all due respect he is rather good at what he does. Now he might get off on tangents where he says things that are out of line, but after all this is entertainment. It is not just about accurate information. If it was do you think Doug Gottlieb would have a job?

Peace
If I weren't at least a little silly I wouldn't be dumb enough to enjoy getting yelled at on the court every night. I agree with what you say. He certainly gets a reaction from the audience. On the other hand, he gets the big games so of course his ratings are good. I'm watching the Final 4 no matter who I have to listen to. BTW, we should get rid of Doug Gottlieb as well. Around here, most of us had enough of him when he came up with the Rick Hartzell conspiracy theory a few years ago.