View Single Post
Old Wed Apr 04, 2007, 10:36am
Official Forum Member

Do you use one ball bag or two?

OK, I admit this might really be an inane question, but it's just out of curiosity, nothing more.

For years I had generally used one ball bag, then a few years back I went to using two. I just liked the way it looked. I dunno, maybe I somehow thought I was properly balanced. No tipping over for me.

Since I do mostly NCAA ball, which supplies me with a decent supply of balls at the start of the game, two ball bags are quite beneficial. It's the once in a while situation, particularly in summer collegiate ball, where you're given one or two baseballs then *****ed at when they get fouled out of play in the top of the 1st and you're out of balls that irks me. (I think I'm getting crankier in my advancing years.)

Two ball bags do make it easier to carry other things, too, sometimes, like my brush or indicator, which I otherwise would stick in my pocket when not in use.

Now, if anybody tells me they use the leather ball bags from Honig's, you should be slapped and forced to listen to Barbra Streisand and Cher albums; and of course, we know no one wears a ball bag on the bases, right?