View Single Post
Old Tue Apr 03, 2007, 02:31pm
BigGuy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mountaineer
Been reading this and had to chime in - I can't believe no one else picked up on this.

$7,000 IN A SUMMER????? ARE YOU FREAKING KIDDING ME?

You'd have to work about 155 games in the summer at $45 per game (and some you say pays $30) in order to make $7,000. According to someone else's research you said you only worked 85 games in the summer. If you got paid $45 for each of those games that would be less than $4,000. Of course I don't think you work 85 games in a summer since there's only about 100 days (give or take) in the summer months. I cannot believe you work almost every single night - but maybe. I do NOT believe you make $6-7,000 umpiring either. I work two sports, basketball and softball, and I don't make that much in a year working those two sports and I work more than I want to . . .
While I certainly don't condone all of his bs, making $6 or $7 grand in a season is possible. If you did pony, colt, HS, legion, etc, it's possible to do 50 games a month - @ $50 a pop, $2,500 a month x 4 months = $10K. Yeah you'd have to work every day two a night during the week and 3 or 4 on both Saturday and Sunday, but it is possible, although by that time you might not be able to stand up anymore. I only worked about 40 games last year and made just under two grand.