View Single Post
Old Tue Apr 03, 2007, 11:24am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRutledge
I am going to say this and it will be unpopular.

I think calling this would be the utmost of being technical. For one I cannot believe that this was not addressed either in pre-game with the officials or in some kind of conference during the tournament. I think Oden is so strong that his momentum is what allowed him swing the way he does. He has dunked like this all year and no one has deemed it a T. If it was deemed that way, it would have been called. Maybe the rules committee will give an interpretation that makes this illegal, but we cannot look at this through the eyes of HS officials. This was not a HS game. Things are different at the college level whether we like it or not. I work a lot of college baseball and what is expected at the college level does not translate to HS ball. And many of the rules are exactly the same. Philosophies are quite different.

Peace
I'm okay with the swinging due to momentum. I'm even okay with the swinging, then hang and turn to see what's behind or below him. BUT, if he pulls up and then slap the backboard, that's an easy one for me.