Thread: NCAAA Final
View Single Post
Old Tue Apr 03, 2007, 10:14am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BC22
I had no dog in this fight. I actually reside in Cincinnati and pulled hard for Ohio State to defeat Florida in the football final. My point is clear and there can be no disputing it, Oden was the media darling and the refs, particularly Corbett, were set on making him a star. Oden has been hyped all season as though he were the next Alcindor or Walton. The guy is not even remotely close to either in skill set.

But, again, sticking to the facts, how could you interpret Horford's defense on Oden as a foul a minute and a half into the game? How can Richards be whistled for a foul for placing his arm, not elbow, up against Oden to keep him from backing him down? You know as well as I do that an official can make or break a player or game? Corbett was hellbent on doing that last night. Perhaps he has aspirations of moving up to the NBA. Who knows?

I've played a lot of basketball, both high school and college. You needn't attempt to denigrate my observations by classifying me as simply "joe fan." In fact that tells a great deal about your mindset regarding those who are watching this great game.
Give me a break. Perhaps if you knew anything about officiating, you'd know rough post play has been a POE all season, and particularly in the tournament. It was a foul, called early in the game because.....IT WAS A FOUL. If you for one second believe that Corbett was biased in his officiating, then you are absolutely insane.

The "joe fan" classification is appropriate for you. You're not interested in having a well officiated game, but rather, with "letting them play." I mean really, why do officials call traveling, especially the little ones. We should just "let them play." The game is over, Corbett (and the rest of the crew) did a fantastic job, and I would say all of them will be in the running for a repeat performance next year.