Thread: NCAAA Final
View Single Post
Old Tue Apr 03, 2007, 08:55am
Official Forum Member

Send a message via Yahoo to Indy_Ref
Quote:
Originally Posted by All_Heart
I don't agree with the Lead calling across the paint all the time. If you watch the NBA officials they hardly ever call across the paint because they are already over there.
I'm not talking about the NBA...I'm talking about the NCAA tournament. L has called across the lane MORE than I can EVER remember! The whole freaking lane seemed to be the L's responsibility at times...and the C was all too often not involved. What have we heard for years? "The key to a well-refereed game is having a strong C."

Quote:
I do agree with C making a call that he/she has the best look at. The play were the player with the ball curls towards C and away from Lead or Trail creates an alley that usually only the C can see. If C doesn't make this call then Lead or Trail are usually guessing on a reach.
I'm not talking about these plays. I couldn't agree more with this point.

Quote:
Officiating is all about the angles that we can obtain in order to see and judge the plays correctly.
Again, I couldn't agree MORE!

Quote:
I was watching the Phoenix & Dallas game on Sunday and there was a rebounding play outside the paint on the block closest to the bench. The trail official that was opposite the table made the foul call because he was the only on that was not straight lined and guessing on the play. He was able to look right through the players and could determine if the push in the back warranted a foul. There are times like these, that if I was C, I would say "thanks partner" instead of "stay in your primary" like some would say.

My 2 cents
Again, COULDN'T AGREE MORE...but these are NOT the kinds of plays I'm talking about.