View Single Post
Old Tue Apr 03, 2007, 08:49am

Quote:
Originally Posted by 66duck
can someone explain the rule on hanging on the rim? is that now legal? used to be you could only hang if in danger with other players below. now? everytime oden dunks he pulls himself up...legal?
There is an unwritten rule that says if you want to continue to be on the floor working this level of ball, you call the game, not you call the rules. I thought the referee's did an outstanding job, it was a pleasure to see a different crew, and even if they would have called the T for hanging on the rim, it would not have chanced the outcome. So IMO, the officials did a good job of not calling it.

One more thing, Oden is a big boy, maybe you need to actually see him in person to appreciate his size. You get all that motion going in one direction, you can't just stop in mid-flight. I waiting to see what the referee might call when one of those dunks kick a defender in the face. I wonder if they would have the balls to call it. I would give Oden the power dunk but he ain't slapping the ball away so the opponents can't inbound real quick. That will be a easy delay of game call.