View Single Post
Old Mon Apr 02, 2007, 06:28pm
Official Forum Member

I'd like to agree with several other posters here (not about gasoline prices or holding a rules clinic with fans), I don't work these games to listen to the parents or coaches act like idiots. I think it's a great time to work on certain aspects of my game management but not the time to see how patient I can be with someone who is thinking they are going to say or act in such a way to influence my calls. If it gets to that point, I choose to offer a warning and then issue the T if it continues. It amazes me how many guys will offer the warning and then don't follow it up if needed. They keep going back and offer more warnings and then they complain about the coaches. Just like others have said, issue the T and I've seen countless times where the coach will come back with an apology after they've had time to consider their actions. I don't look for it but sometimes they will learn and then next time you're on their game it's soooooo much easier.

Another thing I do with these games is make sure I am working with a quality partner who I know will take care of their business if needed.