View Single Post
Old Mon Apr 02, 2007, 06:13pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old School
I agree with your take on yelling and screaming, but remember, they would not be doing this if you are taking care of business. Contrary to popluar belief, coaches just don't yell and scream for no reason at all.

You need to have a gut check here. This is the type of business officiating is. Some nights are worse than others but when you put that uniform on, you gotta know it's going to be coming at you. Believe it or not, I don't have very many problems like this anymore in my AAU games until of course, I get tired and I'm not as attentive to everything I need to be. BTW, the money they collect from the teams goes to pay for you.

I have ignored you long enough, I just can't hold it anymore.

YOU ARE AN IDIOT

To say that you never have problems doing AAU ball is either a complete lie are you are doing 1st graders.

Yesterday, in my first game I had a nice little pregame with the coaches and explained what I expected from them, yada yada. I called a foul and the coach stood in front of the table and was blocking the view of the score keeper. I politely asked him to go back in front of his bench. A few minutes later he was out of his box again complaining. I whacked him and we moved on. After the game he came over and apologized for being out of line and said we did a great job. He also lost the game.

I was not tired or being lazy and he was acting out of line and he was wrong. That was one of 4 T's I had this weekend. The other three were basically the same scenario

Go back to fairy tail land or coaching. What ever is your reality