View Single Post
Old Mon Apr 02, 2007, 05:28pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mwanr1
OHH That's BS - I don't give a sh*t how much money they put out. Yelling and screaming at the refs, at whatever level, should not be tolerated.
I agree with your take on yelling and screaming, but remember, they would not be doing this if you are taking care of business. Contrary to popluar belief, coaches just don't yell and scream for no reason at all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mwanr1
They don't pay us - they pay for their teams to play. We are not a well understood bunch outside the business. Who do you know that likes to be yelled at, degraded and threatened, knowing it will happen consistently while we work and the only compasion anyone will ever show is when we are seriously injured? Make sure to include we are grossly underpaid.
You need to have a gut check here. This is the type of business officiating is. Some nights are worse than others but when you put that uniform on, you gotta know it's going to be coming at you. Believe it or not, I don't have very many problems like this anymore in my AAU games until of course, I get tired and I'm not as attentive to everything I need to be. BTW, the money they collect from the teams goes to pay for you.