View Single Post
Old Mon Apr 02, 2007, 03:59pm
Official Forum Member

Send a message via AIM to Mountaineer Send a message via Yahoo to Mountaineer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whistles & Stripes
His dad may have ended up with the ball, but OJ was hardly the one that threw it to him. That ball hit the roof before it came close to anyone in the crowd touching it.
Well not really hit the roof - it didn't even make it high as the second level. As strong as the kid is, I don't think he could hit the roof with a ball. I know it's WV, but the coliseum does seat over 12,000 - there was just a little over 10,000 in attendance.

And you guys can blast the kid and the school - Lord knows I have, but remember he IS a kid. And show me a high school with that much talent on it from a little place like Huntington, WV. Every kid on that team was born and raised in Huntington. OJ moved away but came back, Bill Walker at Kansas St. was supposed to be in that class too and someone said there's a kid in Mississippi that moved away when he was in 8th that is going to a major D1 next year too. Teams like Oak Hill recruit for their talent - Huntington just got "lucky".

I think he's going to have difficulty next year too, but you cannot deny his talent.

The best part about beating your head against the wall is it feels so good when you stop.

Last edited by Mountaineer; Mon Apr 02, 2007 at 04:04pm.