View Single Post
Old Mon Apr 02, 2007, 11:12am
Official Forum Member

I am probably way off here, and god knows that I am wrong all the time, but how many times a year does someone ask this type of question. I get it once maybe twice a year, and a hitters ask maybe once or twice a game on swinging strike. Everyone is capable of handling these stiuations in their own way, but for me the way is to answer their question as long as it is a question. I am not a mind reader, but as for me and my system of handling situations, I do my job professionally, and then deal with unprofessional behavior in turn.

Everyone of us can and will deal with this stuff in their own way, but if anyone is looking for a different way to deal with it I suggest trying this one. I have rarely had trouble dealing with it in this fashion, and if I would have had an ejection in this type of situation, I would be backed by the fact that I was "being approachable" and answering the question and they coach/player became an ***. And not labeled in a different light by not answering the question or answering in a vague unclear fashion.