View Single Post
Old Fri Mar 30, 2007, 10:40pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dakota
I have a feeling this will be like yelling into a hurricane, but here goes...

For you to say you haven't dodged the question is ludicrous. Unless, of course, you don't consider makig up your own question as dodging someone else's.

The situation description did not give you enough information to hold your breath and say "infield fly ... infield fly ... infield fly ..." over and over. Unless, of course, you just blindly call any pop up with less than 2 outs and a force play at 3rd to be an infield fly. I guess that would make the judgment, well, cookbook. But it would no longer actually be judgment.
No, you just didnt like my response.

But, frankly, I dont care.

Everything I have put forth can be backed by the ASA Rule Book.

If nothing else this discussion group will lead me to constant re-reading of the rule book and the case books...and that is what I am here for.

The last clinic I attended for ASA(March 20,2007).we were split into groups of 8 and given specific plays to rule on. The arguments over rules was lively and disparate. And that kind of give and take is good, because it fosters growth and learning. And that is all I care about.

If my responses bother you, then ignore me. Wont stop me from reading and responding with my input. I am the one who works my schedule, no one else.