View Single Post
Old Thu Mar 29, 2007, 03:13am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Welpe
I have a question regarding that. I'm primarily a baseball umpire, however I was ASA certified and worked local and tournament softball for a couple of years. I always applied the same expectations of behavior to both my softball and baseball games. While I've run several baseball players and coaches, I never felt the need to run a softball player or coach (though I was close a few times).

What is considered enough by softball umpires in order for a coach or player to get ejected? I'm not trying to stir the waters here, I just never realized there was a difference.
We do, however, have pretty much the same latitude about personal pronouns being used in conjunction with anything having to do about our ancestry, the love act or human waste.

BTW, I'm guessing if you have never felt the need to run a softball player, ya probably haven't done enough slow pitch.

I did, however, show great restraint Tuesday night when a player brought a tape measure out to home plate to measure the batter's boxes (of course they were baseball sized boxes). Didn't run him, which must mean I'm getting soft...or just too damn lazy to fill out the ejection report.