View Single Post
Old Sat Mar 02, 2002, 06:02pm
certified Hot Mom tester

Question

There's really no way to properly answer your question since your league seems to have modified the NF rules on this (and maybe other) situations.

For instance, I work a rec league at one venue that has a house rule at all levels, 4th grade through adult, that every technical foul is two shots, two points and the ball, except for administrative technicals. The stupid thing is that there is no extra penalty for intentional or flagrant personal fouls, so the second delay warning for a boundary violation carries the extreme penalty but a foul for running up behind a player on a breakaway and pushing him in the back does not.

I don't think you can assume that the penalty in your league for one type of technical is the same for all types. You would have to read the rules. If your rules state something like "High school rules apply except in the following circumstances"... then technicals are two shots and the ball unless specified as something different.

In the case of a player playing when disqualified, under NF rules, it is penalized when discovered, it is a flagrant technical on the player (ejection) and also an indirect on the coach.

Even though the player has been disqualified, it may be important to note the ejection aspect of this, as some conferences, states, leagues, etc. have additional penalties (such as suspension) for players who have been ejected.