View Single Post
Old Wed Mar 28, 2007, 11:55am
Official Forum Member

Location: The Land Of The Free and The Home Of The Brave (MD/DE)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Justme
4. The head coach walked by me and told me that I needed to help my partner (a 20+ year HS/college veteran) with the rules. I had to fight the urge to "run" him or at least walk over to his asst. coach and tell him that he needed to help the head coach with the rules (among other things).

5. The coach complained a couple of times about my “generous” strike zone when his players were batting but loved it when his F1 was working (although it didn’t help much). It seemed like he wanted two different zones. Again the urge to 'run' him came back.

In our post-game meeting (my partner was there to evaluate me) he explained that I did everything right (maybe a first) and that I handled things like a SB umpire rather than a BB umpire (which I have been forever). I’m not quite sure what that meant but after more than 2 hours of dealing with the head coach I didn’t want to ask, I was ready to go home.
I would say he was appreciating your restraint, although "running" the coach for either of these would have been overreacting in a manner attributed to BB umps.