View Single Post
Old Wed Mar 28, 2007, 08:00am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by IRISHMAFIA
Let's start by realizing that any restriction on the use of a double base only applies to executing a play on the BR. There are no such restrictions when making any other play.[/b]
and after that, it becomes one base.

So, in the OP scenario is that out our safe?

On ezteams you definitely implied by your question, it was not allowed.

Quote:

Yes, the term as defined is specific, yet used as a matter of convenience and brevity. Speaking of common sense, just think about the differences between a runner and a BR. Are not both required to advance to the next base to avoid being retired due to the batter becoming a BR? Can both not be put out by either a tag of the player or the base to which they are required to advance?

The only real difference is that in the BR's case, the "force" can never be relieved for any reason as there is no trailing runner or base to which s/he can retreat to avoid being put out.
told ya when we discussed that awhile ago, they were gonna have to fix that. You were adamant it wasnt a force. I agree, but ASA uses force (even before this rule) in the typically understood fan/coach/jimpiano manner

I'm not putting you in the spot to defend this lame rule Irish, me and you are on the same page on what we think about the double base.

But its there, so I'm just making sure I'm doing it right.

Last edited by wadeintothem; Wed Mar 28, 2007 at 08:02am.