View Single Post
Old Tue Mar 27, 2007, 11:23pm
Official Forum Member

One of the dumbest things I heard from a fellow official is his discussion of charge calls. This guy got picked up this year as a 3rd man with a regular varsity crew. Early in the game, he had charge call and then about 3 minutes later I was the lead and he was the trail and we had a pass and crash just after he passed the FT line coming down just inside the lane. He had the pushing foul after the pass, as I watched the pass. We had talked about the pass and crash in our pregame. Just before we were to take the floor for the 2nd half I mentioned how it was a good call he made on the play. He said "well after I call a charge on one end, if there is any contact on the other end I'm giong to call a charge even if it not close." The 3rd official we were working with was kind of new to officiating and said "why, to even it up?" He responded "darn right!" Before I could open my mouth we had to go back on the floor. I was fuming the whole 2nd half just waiting to discuss it after the game. Right after the game, I had to go pick up my daughter as the game went to to 2-OT's and could not discuss it. This was the last game of the year and it still irritates me that we could not talk about it and that the other official probably feels that is how it should be called. What a horrible philosophy have in calling a game.

So what is the worst or dumbest thing have heard come out of fellow officials mouth you worked with?