Thread: Wrong Basket?
View Single Post
Old Fri Mar 01, 2002, 11:35pm
Official Forum Member

I had to put in a bench warmer. My team only consists of 8 players, and I put in the bench warmer only because another player fouled out (2nd starter to foul out). Also, I had no timeouts. The teams only recieve one time out per overtime period, I burned mine up near the beginning after the other team went on a 6-0 run. Looking back, yes, I should have saved my time out. I KNOW I should have known the rules better...sure would have saved me some trouble. But, the ref wasn't listening to my argument anyway.

Which brings me to my next question. In the league I coach in, the coach is not permitted to stand up unless going to consult a player. What that means is that I could not very well get the referee's attention. Lets say though, that I bolted off the bench and right when I saw the ref give the ball to the girl out of bounds on the wrong team. BUT, I get the attention of the ref before the play begins and he gives me a technical. I talk to him about the error and decides in my favor. My question is, can he retract the technical?