View Single Post
Old Tue Mar 27, 2007, 12:59pm
Official Forum Member

I did a men's comp league 3 wks ago. 4 games, 20min running halves $100 cash so I did it. 10 team of really good athletes. First game went without a hitch. Second game was two of the last undefeated teams. About 10min in fast break I'm lead, player A drives and shoots in a crowd of about 6 players. I'm totally blocked out he loses ball and screams call the f***in foul. Wack! Then he proceeds to approach me with some more expletives. Wack and gone. I also notice my partner never made it down the court. The rest the of game went fairly well. One more tech for a shove after the game, no big deal. After the game the guy I tossed was calmed down. I explained I am always approachable, but when you curse at me in front of 50 plus people I going to take care of business. I'm not going to talk to you that way, so I expect at least the same courtesy. Things ended on a good note and the players remarked that I did a good job under the circumstances. It was obvious to me that the officiating in there league was lacking and they appreciate someone who will at least hustle to make the call. A few days after the assigner called a remarked that players wanted me back. Ironic! It makes the game harder when you feel like your out there by yourself.