View Single Post
Old Tue Mar 27, 2007, 12:17pm
Official Forum Member

Men's Rec League Excitement

I gave three Ts last night. I think I only handed out two during the season. The best part of it is that they were for arguing rules not judgement calls.

Let me start by saying that we should have started giving Ts much earlier in the game. The score-keeper warned us before the game started that they were a bunch of whiners. She was right. They were whining about every call. "Are you serious?" "I didn't touch him!"

We had a no-call on a shot-attempt airball that was caught by the shooter. One of the opponents thought for sure that it had to be traveling. His arguing led to a T. He also thought his team should get the ball back, as in POI. He didn't think the other team should get two shots, and the ball.

With just a minute left in the game, a guy jumped from both feet as if to shoot, but while in the air, decided to start his dribble. I called traveling, and his arguing let to a double T. We ended the game with 4 FTs while the clock ran to 00 because the offending team was down by about 30. But of course, that was the officials fault. Oh, what fun.

I know, I know. Most of you will say to stay away from Men's Rec ball, but I have to do some officiating through the off-season.