View Single Post
Old Mon Mar 26, 2007, 07:23pm
Do not give a damn!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mountaineer
Did anyone catch the end of the GT/UNC game today on the radio? It was disgusting. I couldn't figure out why they would have John Thompson doing color on that game to begin with. IMHO, it was highly inappropriate. Was he the only guy they could get? I can't remember who the play-by-play guy was but during overtime he seemed to get more excited as NC fell behind further. JT was on the air hugging players and congratulating them. I thought it was very bush-league and almost "high school".
John Thompson did the color commentating earlier in the tournament with GT playing. The little I heard was fine. As stated, Bob Greise did the games when his son won a National Championship at Michigan in the Rose Bowl. I had no problem then, I have no problem now. I thought Bob would not be critical of his son but he was. And all season Bob Gresie worked games with his son that year and he did not hold back.

Look, it is not like JT is officiating the game. This is a school that he is close to. His son coaches the team and he goes to practices on a regular basis. Not much different than Dean Smith. Is that any different than Dickie V and he did not go to any of those schools and you would think he was an alumnus of Duke or UNC.

Peace