View Single Post
Old Mon Mar 26, 2007, 04:09pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRutledge
First of all there is no such rule at the NCAA Rule. So there is no rule to ignore as it relates to this situation.

Secondly, if you are doing your job, you are not on the floor or watching this. I know if a game ends like this it is time to leave the court. This is not something I am looking to call or looking for. Sorry, but I am not staying on the court to watch every celebration at the end of a game.

Peace
Good thing to know about the NCAA. I'm pretty sure that in the NCAA if you take your jersey off in the game and throw it up in the air, that that's a T. Let's say that the game is not over and further review of the monitor shows the shooter did not get the shot off in time. Now, what do you do? Just let the players go collect their shirts and put them back on with no additional penality?

I agree with you, I'm getting off the floor too but I'm wondering if we are not all employing a double standard here. Some rules we're going to enforce and other rules we going to let go because the game is over. Where does that end? I'm not going to enforce the rule because the guy scored the basket.