View Single Post
Old Mon Mar 26, 2007, 01:33pm

Why isn't uniform rule being enforced at the end of game?

Taking off the jersey's on the playing court, or pumping your shirt out after a big win. I know this is unsportsmanlike conduct in Fed., and I believe the rule is the same in NCAA. Players are clearly taking there shirts off before the referee's have left the court and none of the NCAA officials are calling it.

At the end of the Winona State game, players started taking there shirts off throwing it in the air. One shirt hit a Winona player in the head before they shook hands. He had to throw it off. I know the officials where still on the court because they had to review the last second play. I'm seeing to much of this at the end of these games. Even at the end of HS games. Players are taking there shirts off, pumping their chests, etc.

I must say, I would be hard pressed to call that technical, knowing it would change the outcome of the game. My question is, why are we turning our backs to this? Or, is this even a problem you would ever try to administer? I know we can go back and forward on this, but I'm interested in hearing different opinions on this subject.